Monday, January 2, 2012

The Only Way You'll Get Me

I've been thinking lately about what I'm looking for in a guy. Even though everyone around me has been dating numbers of people, I've never seemed to be that interested in it. I tried to convince myself that I was, and I actually think I may have been at one point, but if it really came down to a guy asking me out, I'm pretty sure I would have said no. Because it sickens me to think about going into a nonchalant relationship like that. I'm not saying the first guy I date HAS to be the one, and we have to be intending to marry in a couple months. THAT sickens me. But I'd like to know that the relationship is going somewhere meaningful.
Probably the basis of a relationship like that is when two people respect the other as a human being. The usual relationships you see in public schools are just based off of selfish interest, such as what they can get out of the person. I want someone who doesn't look at me and all they see is a woman's body--they need to see me. By 'me,' I mean my personality and what's inside of me, and value that more than they value my looks.
More importantly, he has to love God. I always see the sayings like "I want to be your one and only," and "your number one," etc. But that is exactly why I don't want to hear. God has to be your number one, and if I take that spot, then any relationship we had will be ruined. I'm not saying this because I'm trying to preach at anybody, or I think I fit those requirements (because I don't). Believe me, if there's someone who hates "Christians" like that, it's me. But that is one thing I've learned from 2011. God always has to come first. After he comes first, and all you do is to please him and what he wants, then everything comes so easily, and even naturally.
On a more interesting note, here's an awesome list of ways to "win a girls heart" I got from this guy on YouTube. He's pretty much the most hilarious thing out there...
His list:
10. find out what she likes
9. encourage her
8. compliment her
7. get to know her family/friends
6. support your local chivalry
5. don't post cell phone mirror pics all over facebook
4. don't lay it on too thick
3. keep your hands to yourself (THE awesomest point me made. :))
2. make her feel safe
1. be her best friend

No comments: